2 mar 2010

Exercices: reported speech practice



A) Put these sentences into reported speech:


Example: 'I am a teacher', Mary told me.
Reported speech: Mary told me that she was a teacher

  1. I’ve finished my homework, Mary told us.
  2. I’ll be back at eight, George said.
  3. I’m not going shopping today, Sarah said
  4. I need to phone my brother, Brian told the police
  5. I haven’t seen him for a year, said Josh
  6. I’ll call you tomorrow, Bill told me
  7. I’m going to be late for dinner, Kristen told me



B) Ahora te damos un texto en reported speech. Léelo con atención y después completa la conversación con las palabras exactas que dijeron Anne y Tony.


Anne asked Tony what music he liked and he told her that he liked heavy metal music. Actually, he said that he sometimes played with a band called The Cliff.


Then, Anne asked him where the band played and Alex answered that they played live in a well known pub in the city centre every Friday night.


Finally, Tracy asked him if he wanted to become a professional musician but Alex said that he had a very successful career and that he only played with the band as a hobbie.


Anne: Tony, what music do you like ?


Tony: I .................................................................... Actually, I sometimes....................... .........................................................................


Anne: Where ...................................................................................?


Tony: We .....................................................................................


Anne: Tony, ........................................................................ professional musician?


Tony: I ................................................................ I .............................................................




C) Can you put this joke into reported speech?


In a restaurant:

Customer: Waiter, waiter! There is a frog in my soup!!!
Waiter: I’m sorry, sir. The fly is on holiday.


Te damos el principio:


In a restaurant, a customer called the waiter and told him that........

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario